“Advancing Entrepreneurship Education Through Bold Teaching, Scholarship, and Practice”
(based on the theme of the 2018 USASBE Conference in Los Angeles, CA)
Special Issue Editors
- Dr. Patricia Greene, Paul T. Babson Chair in Entrepreneurial Studies, Babson College (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Eric Liguori, Rohrer Chair of Entrepreneurship, Rowan University (email@example.com)
- Dr. Christoph Winkler, Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship, Long Island University, Brooklyn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Moraima De Hoyos-Ruperto, Associate Professor, University of Puerto Rico (email@example.com)
This call focuses on the domain of entrepreneurship education, with a strong interest in a variety of methodological approaches and spanning interests in teaching, research and practice. We encourage submissions that emphasize unique and novel insights that will support and advance the field of entrepreneurship education. The call is not bound to any particular definition, level of entrepreneurship education, or academic discipline. We hope that scholars from a variety of fields will respond to this call with groundbreaking theoretical, empirical and applied research. Suggested topics/themes may include, but are not limited to:
- New definitions and models of entrepreneurship education
- Ethical and philosophical considerations in entrepreneurship education – inclusive of pedagogy and practice
- Different approaches to entrepreneurship education drawing across disciplines, education levels, countries, cultures
- Pedagogical foundations and applications of entrepreneurship education
- Advances in entrepreneurship education and pedagogy in non-business-related fields
- Entrepreneurship education in co-curricular and non-traditional learning environments
- Entrepreneurship education to develop life-long learning skills
- Entrepreneurship education as an economic and workforce development tool
- Novel research methods in entrepreneurship education (e.g. action research, experiments)
Authors of papers that receive a first-round revise and resubmit are required to register and attend the 2018 USASBE Conference in Los Angeles, CA to both present their paper and meet with the Guest Editors.
May 2017 – Call for papers launched with announcements via JSBM, USASBE, ICSB, and the Academy of Management list serves.
October 15, 2017 – Deadline for submission of papers.
November 22, 2017 – Authors notified of initial revise and resubmit decisions and provided peer reviewer feedback. All papers receiving a revise and resubmit agree to have at least one author attend USASBE 2018 to present their papers and meet with the Guest Editors.
January 11-12, 2018 – USASBE Conference: Special sessions will be held for paper presentations. Authors must be present at USASBE to continue on in the review process. Guest Editors will provide a final round of feedback in person.
February 28, 2018 – Article revisions due.
April 1, 2018 – Final feedback to authors.
May 31, 2018 – Final revisions due.
June 30, 2018 – Final acceptance decisions made.
Submissions must be made via the online JSBM submission system. During submission, please select ‘Special Issue’ as the article type and note in your cover letter that your manuscript is for the “Advancing Entrepreneurship Education” special issue.